Since it was founded in 1945, NapaSan has helped to protect public health and the Napa River by providing wastewater collection, treatment and disposal, and pollution prevention programs. NapaSan serves approximately 82,000 people in a 21 square mile area that comprises the City of Napa and surrounding unincorporated areas.
In order to perform this important community service, NapaSan operates and maintains several facilities.
The District’s headquarters house the Administration, Engineering, and Collections System departments. Headquarters are located next to the Soscol Water Recycling Facility at 1515 Soscol Ferry Road, just south of the Southern Crossing on Highway 29.
The District maintains, cleans and repairs 270 miles of pipeline that collect wastewater from homes and businesses in Napa and carry it to the wastewater treatment plant. The collection system also includes three pump stations and a siphon that pulls wastewater through a pipeline under the Napa River.