Earth Day 2021
Thanks for joining us for NapaSan’s part of Earth Day 2021!
We might not be able to gather for our usual downtown event, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun exploring in our home, our yard, our neighborhood, or a local park to take part in the Earth Day Scavenger Hunt! Did we mention that there are great prizes?! See below for more details!
Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
1. Download the Scavenger Hunt forms.
2. Fill out the participant information and complete as many activities as you can. Feel free to ask a friend of family member for help, and submit your form together!
3. To complete the form, you have multiple options. You can print the pages and draw or write in your observations and responses, and then scan or take photos of them to submit. You can draw or write in your observations and responses on scrap paper and scan or take photos of them to submit. Or, you can snap photos on your camera or phone, upload them and pop them into the boxes for each activity, save your completed form, and then submit it to us! So many choices!
4. Be safe and have fun!
4. Submit your Scavenger Hunt form to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.
When you submit your scavenger hunt form to us, you are automatically entered to win a gift certificate to Ben and Jerry's! We will randomly draw ten winners in the first week of May! You can have fun exploring outside and possibly earn ice cream for doing it!
Other Earth Day Fun!
We have some great activities from past Earth Day celebrations that you can also do this year! The first is a pledge to take action to help your sewer system stay healthy, and the other is a craft we think you will like! You can do either one or both- it’s up to you!
1. Take the Pledge
NapaSan sees many things get flushed that shouldn’t be flushed, and lately we are seeing more and more things in the sewer system that shouldn’t be there. In order to protect the sewers, public health, and the environment, we need to make sure all we flush is the 3 P’s- pee, poop, and paper (toilet paper)! We would love it if you would sign and color our pledge below (either save it and decorate it electronically or print it and grab some crayons, markers, etc.), and then share it with us via email at email@example.com or by tagging us on Facebook @napasanitation! You don’t have to share, but we would love it if you do!
2. Make a Poop Emoji Bookmark
Time to get crafty! Watch the video below to learn how to make a poop emoji bookmark! The only supplies you need are some scissors, paper of any color, and some markers, colored, pencils, crayons, or whatever you have at home. If you make a poop emoji bookmark and you want to share it, email a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Facebook @napasanitation!